Sunday, March 22, 2009

3.22.09 GIVE WATER - SIMPLE BASIC HUMAN NEED-NEEDS YOU

March 22nd is World Water Day.

3/23 - I want to apologize for a very poor plea I should have given more thought to yesterday, this is my revised edition. To explain, I had just returned from enjoying myself all weekend with friends seeing the Ngorongoro Crater which was an experience of a lifetime, and I'll share with you the next time, when I realized that March 22-World Water Day had almost passed me by without giving it much thought. [Guilt sets in] Now, this is crazy, because everyday I'm here, I watch people struggle, and get by, and get sick, and die, because of the lack of clean water. I felt horribly guilty when I went to post to my blog, and realized I missed an opportunity of awareness for the need of clean water, and in an hurried attempt to throw something on my page before the day passed by, it felt as if it was an insincere request, and it bothered me all night. So although I'm borrowing an ad campaign, I want you to know I have witnessed the insane conditions, the lack of water, and the water born diseases that come from NO CLEAN WATER SUPPLY. I have sent an email to the founder of charitywater.org, Scott Harrison, and I'm also hoping to meet Jim Hocking who is responsible for ICDI project work, and lives in Central African Republic. I'm inspired by them, It's the example of one person making a difference in the world.
This is not an empty plea I'm sending. This is a very real need for very dire conditions that exist. Please look at the information that I've posted. If you can afford a $20 donation, I know a village that would welcome the advantages of having clean water. They don't ask for much, they don't ask for anything actually. Clean water is such a simple basic necessity. Think about it when you turn on your facet, don't take it for granted, don't waste it.
Anyone that is reading my blog, if you would just make others aware of World Water Day and share the links I've posted. I would be indebted to your act of kindness. Thank you for reading, thank you for sharing, Alana
p.s. Sorry mom, I didn't mean to swear. I know the Pope is in country. love u all.

More than 1 billion people on the planet don't have access to clean drinking water. For $20 a person, non-profit charity: water funds clean water solutions like shallow wells, deep wells, rainwater harvesting systems, and spring protections to provide people in need with clean and safe drinking water.

http://www.charitywater.org/projects/fromthefield/car.htm


Find out how you can help give one person clean drinking water at charitywater.org