Thursday, March 19, 2009

3.19.09 - HAPPY ST PATTYS DAY

Our St Patty night soriee and farewell for Mo-fun fun fun!













First: HAPPY ST PATTY'S DAY all - Here's to the Irish! Couldn't let the day slip by without toasting to leprechauns along with saying farewell to a volunteer who's leaving.

Second: We are expecting a few days of NO RAIN beginning Friday....and....a group of us is headed to the Ngorongoro Crater for a camping trip!! UNBELIEVABLE and SO COOL I can't believe I'm here sometimes. It's not like you don't see elephants crossing in odd places or other exotic animals everywhere you look, but to go out on safari, it was always just a far off dream. I have so much to tell about the kids, my home, my friends here, things I've seen, things I've learned, Swahili still is lackin but improving, a phrase or two added each day, opinions that have changed (mine), seeing things that aren't working, is simple drinking water so frickin unreasonable? I just don't understand with so many good intentions, why can't it get done. I'm going crazy wondering how many people are here doing volunteer work, how much money is pumped into the efforts of 'volunteers' or tourist shit that could be spent of some clean water supply. Then there's the battle with malaria and AIDS. Yes, yes, yes, my mind is running wild here, I have a hard time gettnig it to shut down at night. The rain is starting to sound more soothing.
I'm takin ALL there is to see in the LAND of PLENTY! Best job in the world is when you can skip going to work, dance at work, and sing coming home from work.
Scottie, I wish you could come with me, we'd have loads of fun. Miss YOu Sweets!!
Love aunt ali

RANDOM PICS
A trail I walk home from work on...such a great life I have right now!












Me and Mairia my helper doing our dish chores at the placement













My comfy humble sleeping quarters. I love the teeny desk













Styling Happy Muddy Shoes!













A beautiful view of Arusha













A little village outside of Arusha













Cloudy skies - typical rural school















Water can be such a hassle around here













Next few photos are some of the kids and crew