Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mother's Day Gift Idea....


This idea just came to me, and I know a lot of my friends struggle with knowing what to give their moms for Mothers Day (which I'll remind you is next Sunday May 10th), so instead of going to the nursery and getting the ol'standby lilac bush or hanging geranium, think about making her proud to know she raised a caring compassionate person who thinks of others less fortunate. Let me just say that women in Africa spend a better portion of their day almost everyday retrieving clean water for their family. This is not something enjoyable, it's a hike, and they lug 5 gal containers which is necessary for survival. This year, think about making two mothers happy. The best gift of all is one that keeps giving (to steal a phrase). Mom, I bet you can't guess what you're getting eh? Merrit will give you the plant, I'll give you and my other mother water. Love U!!
https://www.charitywater.org/store/

I've been giving a lot of thought to what exactly is "my passion". It hasn't really come to me yet...but I think I'm on the right path of discovery. Below are some photos of my fine lazy days in Zanzibar. BTW; thank you all for the birthday wishes. This one's going down in the books.

Tuesday I'm headed to visit Idil in Istanbul. Made connections with her and we're good to go. Alexander the Great...prepare to met your match Alana the ????

Alana Cousteau....

Starfish

Greetings from below the surface

Beautiful beaches...

Breathing in a sunrise...